Thursday, June 15, 2006

The Myth of You & Me by Leah Stewart

All right kids, this is it: I am in full flush after just finishing a new novel. This book wasn't even on my bookshelf!

Yesterday I was browsing at the Brookline Booksmith and the red cover caught my eye. The book jacket blurb went something like"blah blah blah captures the intensity of a friendship as well as the real sense of loss that lingers after the end of one blah blah etc." I bought it. And a little shy of 24 hours later, I have turned the last page.

These characters are my age and might as well be my reflection in terms of experience. The tale is simply told and captures the beautiful angst of frienships forsaken (and reforged?). What a delicous read--especially if you too used to have big hair shellacked with AquaNet and then grew up together with your college friends. Read it. And beware: I may be forced to send this book via Amazon to you and then compel you to read it too....


The Myth of You & Me by Leah Stewart

Her website is: http://www.leahstewart.com/

1 comment:

Tara Holmes said...

Your message said, "read this book. now." So after our book group meeting tonight, I went to Borders and bought it. Can't wait to read it. Thanks for the great tip. Looking forward to seeing you soon J...I have missed you!