Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Video: Joss Whedon and Strong Female Characters

Ms. J. sent me a link to this video ages ago. Just this morning I found a mere eight minutes of free time (while I sipped my morning coffee) to view it. It was well worth my time! Thanks Ms J.!

Before I saw this clip, I didn't know Joss Whedon, but many of you may recognize him as the writer of Buffy the Vampire Slayer--a cult hit to say the least.

In this May, 2006 clip Meryl Streep presents him with an award on behalf of Equality Now to honor his creation of many strong female characters.



In case the video doesn't work, here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYaczoJMRhs

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"So, why do you write these strong female characters?"

"Because you're still asking me that question."

Amazing. Words do not describe.