Monday, July 25, 2005

On the Train to Transylvania

Today is yet another travel day. At 4 pm we board a train bound for Romania and we will arrive bleary-eyed some time around 5 am. Most of the trip takes place in the cover of night, which eases my nerves. As the train sways back and forth climbing up the Carpathians, I would rather have my eyes closed in sleep. I shall have plenty of time to read my current novel The Stone Diaries by Carol Shields. I am not sure why I picked it up, other than an affection for the author's work. Thus far I would recommend it to readers. It takes place in Canada and Bloomington, Indiana. You can't go wrong with limestone quarries and ladies coming of age.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, This is Amanda. I have a site kinda like this www.xanga.com/warriors_girl10. I got my hair cut off i took of 5 " i was going to donate it but it had to be 12 not 6 like i thought. Love you God bles Amanda